Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update from Miss Malaria (aka, Elizabeth, Lizzie, Mama Duck, etc.)

Dearest prayer warriors,

I am finally out of bed long enough to personally write you a HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! A few folks at home have been keeping me posted with your thoughts, prayers and encouraging words. I cannot thank you enough for standing alongside me, our team, and my family as I have battled malaria! Your words and prayers have been so supportive and uplifting, and the Lord has answered! I am feeling better today (Tuesday), although my body is still weak and tired. I am working hard to regain my strength through plenty of fluids, rest, good food, sleep, oh and did I mention rest! :) It is slow going and I am quite ready to feel 100% again!

What an adventure! Dr. T. says that I now need a t-shirt labeling me a "true African missionary". The sights, sounds, smells and experiences of this past weekend will certainly go down in history. But, through it all, the Lord has been so close. He has reminded me that His community not only means "doing" the active ministry part of why we are here, but also means surrounding each other when we are down. That has included YOU, His global community, through the amazing ways everyone immediately mobilized to pray. I was astounded to learn from my wonderful mother how people all over the world were praying within hours and days of learning about what we were suffering here! It is a vivid reminder that we are not meant to walk this life alone and that we desparately need each other, the community of believers God has given us.

Okay, so much for my sermonizing. Dr. T. has returned and we are off for the afternoon to Kitwe. Continue to pray strength and healing for all of us as we continue to minister!

Love you all!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I'm so glad that you're feeling better, and I'm sure you will be up and around, sowing again into the community within a couple of days.

I'm sorry to hear about the others, but I will pray for them as well.

God bless and until soon!

Matt