Thursday, June 7, 2007

6/6 Update from Carol - Trauma Program

Hey y'all,

It's Carol checking in.

Been a while huh. Well, today the trauma team went to Chibote yet again. Kristen and I combined small groups because the kids in my group are pretty mean, so it's easier to put them together. Today PJ (Pastor Jeremy) preached on eyes... You know the blind leading the blind and all that jazz. And we did this crazy skit where I was the blind person leading the blind person. So the funny part that I was the crazy partier, and I tried convincing everyone to come with me and have sex with my friend Henry (who's one of the Church Planting School students). Now if you know me you know how goofy I am, and you also know how obviously opposite that is for my lifestyle. So it ended up being really funny. I just kept interrupting Tannen and Kristen while they were praying, acting like a drunk person, and stumbling around trying to get them to come party. It was so much fun... not even kidding man!

Disclaimer to parents, fellow Christians, and anyone else reading these stupid blogs: I do not in any way condone drinking, drugs, or premarital sex. Thank you very much! :) Our STS team doesn't either, in case you didn't get that memo by now! :)

Moving on... Meydren couldn't come sing today because she's working on the praise and worship cd for STS, so we took Henry. Gotta love that Henry. I hope he and Meydren get married, and make some beautiful Zambian babies! So, while Henry was leading worship he told the girls to dance, and whoa dang. It's a WORSHIP song to GOD! And they're all out there shakin' their butts faster than the girls in a Puff Daddy video... Excuse me, " P.Diddy" is his new name I guess. So I crip walked and they all laughed. It's like they never knew a white girl could do not so white things. Hahaha.

Then the whole Murundo Orphanage deal came to a close this fine evening in June. The Irish people are in town and we met them today. Apparently our beloved Dr. T is as corrupt as they come, and we were given the shaft, the boot, the cane, they practically said "Hey don't let the door kick you on the way out!" Needless to say the Irish-folk are going to continue to pour God's money into the hands of corrupt Zambians, and there's nothing we can do about it... except PRAY! A LOT! Because at the end of the day, no matter how corrupt it is, the orphans are still not getting fed. They're still burying a kid every week or two. SAD.

I've come to a place where I now hate and love Africa. I hate the corruption, poverty and body odor that surrounds you. But some of the people are genuine. I had a talk with Dr T about taking Aziza (Shotty's daughter, she's three guys, and the cutest little Zambian ever), and Meydren home to the USA with me. Dr T pretty much sat me down and asked me how taking Zambian's best and brightest to America isn't going to help Zambia as a nation, or their economy. After that I got pretty convicted about talking about it. Being here for me is a big deal, but I get to go home, this IS their home.

Take of this what you will, I feel I've written too much already.

P.S. Tomorrow I am giving the talk on Forgiveness for our team. And I'll be sharing my testimony for the first time in full. PLEASE KEEP ME, AND ALL OF STS IN YOUR PRAYERS. I'm excited but insanely nervous. God's definitely going to be talking through me tomorrow.

Alright that's all for now.

This is Carol signing off... back to the Future! :)

No comments: