Monday, May 21, 2007

5/21 Update from Jeremy - Trauma Program

Since arriving in Africa much has happened, as you well may imagine. Who can know who is learning more: us or the people who we are ministering to. As I talk to my brothers and sisters in Christ, who daily become closer to my heart, I sense a connection that indeed shall forever be with me. As humans we have our ups and downs, senses of inadequacies, but I am constantly reminded that the battle is the Lord's. I am convinced, in spite of what I see at times, that the Holy Spirit is doing eternal things -- and I mean eternal things -- in the hearts and minds of our Zambian brothers and sisters.

I have seen team members with little experience in ministry step up day after day and effectively minister into the lives of hurting people. The team that I am with is ministering on the subject of Trauma. I find it interesting that as we reach out to see others free the Lord is doing the same things in us. It makes for a pretty good day.

Kristen spoke today in regard to all the junk in our lives that we pack neatly away in little boxes and hide them for no one to see. What a blessing to see young ladies of Pamodzi High School present their boxes to the Lord. I believe it is a day they will never forget. The Lord was there. Can it get any better than that?

No comments: