Wednesday, July 15, 2009

7/15/09 from Liam & Drew

We painted today. In the under 5 clinic room, each wall is going to explain a step in which Moringa takes to grow and prepare it for eating. There are going to be things like banana trees and sunsets and stuff in the background. We recruited Rebecca (a teacher who is helping Enfys), Jacob (Shadi's son), and Joseph's son to help.

The kids must have asked my name and how old I am 100 times. The same kid asked me at least 20 times. Now Liam just tells them "Muzungu." They are very observant of our skin color. They taught me a new word - "Jinga" which means bicycle.

The one fish that I (Drew) ate was sub-par. Liam ate some guppies, too. Don't ever eat those things! EV3R?!?!!

Drew dominated Liam in an imaginary game of soccer. Liam destroyed Drew in an imaginary game of volleyball (as they say, the malaria pills give you some pretty weird dreams).

Liam likes the African pace of life, but it drives Drew crazy.

Working in the village is good. It is an amazing experience to be here and we hope to come back.

Liam and Drew

2 comments:

Holly said...

I cried reading about the murals. Please take LOTS of pictures! I wish that I was there, but am busy taking care of my little Zambian miracle. I tell her about the work you all are doing. While she may not understand now, I'm sure she will before too long. Keep it up! I'm so proud of you youngin's for stepping up.

Drew VanZwieten said...

FYI Joseph's nephew not son and his name is Martinz my bad