Monday, July 27, 2009

7/27/09 from Matt

It's been almost a week since my last blog, but here it goes. The kids have been great in all the schools that we have been to, and it is incredibly difficult to say good bye to them. However today we started with a fresh new intake of students, which should be a lot smoother than the last round. Jami, Pastor Terry, Martinz, Carmelitar and myself all went to Vineyard Basic today, and from what I can tell the kids are very intelligent, fluent in English and shy. I would have liked to have seen more HIV knowledge, but I guess that's part of why we are here. After we finished, we waited for a notoriously unreliable taxi driver to pick us up, but after a half an hour we walked to get a minibus.

The minibus seems to be a staple of third world countries and is still by far the most effective method to convert an atheist in the world today. If you aren't praying while you are bouncing on a seat that pivots backwards toward a back hatch that is wide open and tied down with twine, you are most likely clinically dead. However, we safely made it to Murundu basic a half hour late, and found that the students had been sent home. In America, I would have been pretty upset because Dan and I set this up a week prior, but here it seems normal. As a result, we got to tour the clinic, the agricultural project, and we went about 200 meters from the Congo to buy some material for a tailor in town. Both Reuben and I bought some before taking a chance on the long ride back to Mufulira in another minibus. Overall, it was a great day, which seems to be the trend here. I hope all is well at home; I will continue to keep you all in my prayers and I thank you all for keeping us in yours.

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we did not know that God knew the students would not be there when you arrived, one could get flustered. That being said, He's got you, and them in His sights. We know there will be fruit.

Anonymous said...

Amen to the above comment! Press on and God will build His Kingdom through servants like you and your team, and in His time. Take your peace ~ MB